Thanks for your continued support of Sky Kids! This year we have a even better program with NEW Mandarin FULL Immersion Camps and also an exciting line-up of Standard Camps. Please check out our website: www.sky-kids.org for the details of our 2016 summer program, you can also click on the links below to find out more about each camp. Full Immersion Camps:
- Mandarin Immersion 1-3 Weeks (Grades K-2, 3-5): Learn and practice Mandarin all day through fun, hands-on projects and activities focused on three weekly themes: 1) Nature, 2) Science, and 3) Theatre. Students will work on vocabulary, reading, writing, and speaking at different levels of Chinese proficiency.
- Sky Arcade (Grades K-2): Sky Kids will create the SKY ARCADE together! Students will learn how to create their own game or recreate known games out of cardboard.
- Sky Heroes (Grades K-2): Design and construct your own original Sky Hero COSTUME out of recyclable materials. Students will learn to combine TECHNOLOGY with FASHION as they power up their outfits and make them "SHINE"!
- Wax Art (Grades K-2): Students will explore re-combinations of color and texture via rubbings, melting, grating, and ironing. Sky Kids artists will learn to make hand dipped candles and design wax printed fabric.
- Wax Art (Grades 3-8): Our Sky Kids artisans will experiment with color combinations, work with different wax applications (e.g. rubbings on fabric) and develop new products using beeswax (e.g. lip balm).
- Sky Bots (Grades 3-8): Students will create robot stories using storyboards and then transform them into stop motion animation videos. Students will design and 3D print their robots and then construct the backdrop and props needed to complete the scenes and filming.
- Sky Quest (Grades 3-8): Undertake Sky Quests as characters in a fantasy game world, working together to solve challenging predicaments by sword and by diplomacy! Sky Kids will take part in LARP "Live Action Role Play" -- a fun and engaging game that combines improvisational theater and imaginative play with physical education and sword-fighting.
- Hip Hop Dance (Grades 3-8): Leave your worries at the door and bring your soul to the dance floor! Come learn the basics of Hip Hop Dance, choreography, and rhythm in this fun and challenging dance program.
Let's have a fun summer ! Thanks from the Sky Kids Team!