Our sailing camps focus on beginning sailing safety and activity instruction for youth ages 8-15 on Lake Merced in San Francisco.
* Participants do not need previous sailing experience.
* Each student will learn the basic principles of safe small boat sailing, sail trim, boat maneuvering, knots, wildlife of the lake and protection of the environment.
* We use smaller sized sailboats that make sailing fun and easy to learn.
* Safety is a top priority. Camps have a maximum of 16 students, which fosters safety of the students and increases educational opportunities.
* We provide a certified sailing instructor for each camp and assistant instructors who hold certificates in First Aid.
* Also provided are high quality life jackets (PFDs) and all participants must wear them while in a boat or on a dock.
* Lake Merced is an ideal place to learn to sail because of its protected waters, unlike rougher SF Bay, steady breezes and abundant wildlife.