All of The First Tee staff, coaches and volunteers strive to uphold the mission of positively impacting the lives of young people through the game of golf. The First Tee of San Francisco is made up of a passionate and enthusiastic group of educators, golfers, entrepreneurs, athletes, young and old, women and men of various ethnicity, representative of the uniquely diverse population we seek to serve.
- Provide a complete golf program appropriate for today's elementary school physical education students and teachers
- Enable physical educators to introduce golf consistent with national standards developed by NASPE
- Develop student appreciation for the positive personal and social values associated with the game with each lesson
- Engage students in daily lesson activities that lead to motor skill development
- Present golf to students as a lifelong recreation and physical fitness activity