Holiday Fun Times Ahead
Earth Day is here!
• 4/19: Earth Day on the Bay at Marine Science Institute FREE
• 4/19: Earth Day Celebration at Bay Area Discovery Museum
• 4/19: Earth Day at Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland.
• 4/20: Play for the Planet at the San Francisco Zoo
• 4/20: Easter Roller Coaster 5k
Family Adventure Ideas
Take a staycation and be a tourist
Have you signed up for our fabulous newsletter?
It is filled with everything parents need for keeping your family busy. We send out something once a week. It's totally FREE!
Sign up now
SFK Best Bet Spotlights:
Did you know you can search the SFkids calendar by the week or month? See the top tabs when you open up a daily event listing.
• Total Lunar Eclipse Viewing at Lawrence Hall of Science.
• Sign Up for the Free SFkids.org Newsletter! FREE
• Choosing Childcare Workshops with the Children's Council at 6pm. FREE
•.Japanese New Parents' Group at Western Addition Branch Library at 12:15pm.FREE
• SF Public Library Spring Book Sale at Fort Mason held April 16-20. FREE
• 1-2-3 Magic Parenting Workshop Series at Excelsior Family Connections held every Wed. at noon. FREE
• Every Child Ready to Read Workshop at the Children's Council at 10am. FREE
• Paying for College: Workshop for Teens and parents at the Main Library at 6:30pm. FREE
• Latino Parent Support Group at Visitacion Valley Branch Library. Discuss topics related to education at 4pm. FREE
• Henna Tattoos for Teens at Glen Park Branch Library at 3:30-5:30pm.FREE
• Outdoor Exploratorium at Fort Mason Center. Open everyday. FREE
• Early Birdles Early Childhood Education Workshops at Children's Creativity Museum. Held every Thursday and Friday.
• Movie and A Meal at Potrero Branch Library: Madagascar at 3:30pm. FREE
• Predation Celebration at Aquarium of the Bay held daily until April 27.
• Baby's First Book Club at Books Inc. Marina at 10am. For babies up to age 2. FREE
• Bean Sprouts Family Days at the SF Botanical Garden
• Collaborative Building Games in the Zim Zoom Family Room at 11:30am.
• Make Art at Museum of Craft and Design.
• Shipwrecks at the Golden Gate: Guided Hike at Lands End at 11am. FREE
• U.S. National Park Service Free Entrance Days held Saturday and Sunday. FREE
• Carmen for Families at Mission Cultural Center at 1pm. FREE
• 2nd Annual Family Bike Safety Fair at Marina Middle School. FREE
• Sing-Along Frozen at the Castro Theatre
• Healthy Parks, Healthy People: Trail Walk in McLaren Park at 10am. FREE
• Learn to Roller Skate at Church of 8 Wheels.
• College Admissions Overview at Main Library at 3pm. Pre- registration required. FREE
• Wild Girls Mother-Daughter Book Club at Books Inc. Laurel Village at 1pm. FREE
• Kids Tour at the Asian Art Museum. Suggested for families with children ages 7-10. Kids 12 and under always get in free.