We have scoured the web and asked other parents for recommendations about the best birthday party supply stores, websites, spaces and places and entertainment for great, and not necessarily expensive, birthday parties.
• Birthday Party Games for teenagers from Parens-in-a-Pickle.
• SFParty.com is a local resource in which you will find everything from equipment rental to seasonal supplies.
• Party 411.com is great for party themes, including bar/bat mitzvahs and school parties. The site also contains menus, party guides, and advice lines.
• BirthdayPartyIdeas.com has ideas for original party themes.
• PartySuppliesHut.com is an online source for party supplies, party favors, and piñatas for birthday parties.
• OrientalTrading.com is a great site with tons of cool, cheap party favors.
Asking for Donations in Lieu of Gifts
With the holiday season approaching some families have made a special request in lieu of gifts, a donation to a non-profit or organization. Suggestions include:
- bring a non perishable food for the food bank
- bring a gift for Toys for Tots program
- bring pet food/toys for SPCA
- items to be sent to the military or military families
- volunteer together in lieu of a party
Read for more information on how to plan and suggestions.
Helping Kids Get Smart About Money offers ideas too.
To view more party ideas click on the box to the left for over 50 more fantastic party ideas.
Keep it Simple and Inexpensive
Huge expensive parties are so unnecessary if you use a little ingenuity. Keep the number of guests to a minimum and do a simple picnic in the park or other free venue. Party bags can also be left out. Replace them with an inexpensive or free art project with recycled art materials that your guests can take home!