MLK, Jr pool re-opens in February.
Mission pool to re-open in Summer 2013!
2013 Park Special Events
Curious what is going on in your local park? See the list broken down by date and park.
Register for Programs at SF Rec and Park
A glimpse of programs include: Lifeguard training, High School swim test prep, Hip Hop dance, Break dancing, Youth Puppet play, Teen Fitness, Family Martial Arts, Boxing, Jr. Giants clinics, youth basketball and soccer, table tennis, juggling and more. Summer camp registeration will begin on Saturday, March 16, 2013.
Top 10 Destination Playgrounds in the Bay Area by trekaroo.com
All playgrounds are fun, but there are some playgrounds that are destinations in and of themselves. These playgrounds have unique qualities that really make them stand out above the rest. Read more...
Where is the Nearest Toliet?
SitOrSquat.com has an iphone app which works with it's mapped database of toilets. The site is pretty picky about public restrooms and is marketed as mom and kid-centric. Users can review potties right from their iphone.
Safety Tips and Resources
The Red Cross, YMCAs, and local Recreation & Park Department facilities offer aquatics courses. Here are a few tips to keep your kids safe:
• Teach children 5 years of age and older to swim.
• Never take your eyes off young children in the bathtub or around other bodies of water.
• Install fences to separate homes from residential pools.
• Use life jackets on boats or playing near a river, lake, or the ocean.
• Teach children never to swim alone or without adult supervision.
• Learn CPR.
• Teach adolescents the dangers of drug and alcohol consumption before or during aquatic activities (alcohol contributes to 40–50% of drowning among adolescent boys).