Come out and play on the Recreation and Parks Department's Mobile Rec gear!
No need to travel far, all through the school year the equipment rotate through parks or recreation centers all over San Francisco on Saturdays from 11am to 2pm. You will be able to learn techniques and test your skills on the Department's 30-foot rock climbing wall or get skateboarding and biking tips and learn tricks from RecPark Staff! Get ready to ride the ramps, rails and manual pads on our BMX bikes and skateboards. RPD staff will be on hand to teach beginner's the basics of kick-turns, fakies, and dropping in.
SF Rec and Park Special Events
Curious what is going on in your local park? See the list broken down by date and park.
Register for Programs at SF Rec and Park
A glimpse of programs include: Lifeguard training, High School swim test prep, Hip Hop dance, Break dancing, Youth Puppet play, Teen Fitness, Family Martial Arts, Boxing, Jr. Giants clinics, youth basketball and soccer, table tennis, juggling and more.
Top 10 Destination Playgrounds in the Bay Area by trekaroo.com
All playgrounds are fun, but there are some playgrounds that are destinations in and of themselves. These playgrounds have unique qualities that really make them stand out above the rest. Read more...
Safety Tips and Resources
The Red Cross, YMCAs, and local Recreation & Park Department facilities offer aquatics courses. Here are a few tips to keep your kids safe:
• Teach children 5 years of age and older to swim.
• Never take your eyes off young children in the bathtub or around other bodies of water.
• Install fences to separate homes from residential pools.
• Use life jackets on boats or playing near a river, lake, or the ocean.
• Teach children never to swim alone or without adult supervision.
• Learn CPR.
• Teach adolescents the dangers of drug and alcohol consumption before or during aquatic activities (alcohol contributes to 40–50% of drowning among adolescent boys).