3450 Geary Boulevard, Suite 208
San Francisco, CA 94118
Inner Richmond/Presidio Heights, Sunset/Golden Gate Park
San Francisco Nature Education (SFNE) offers environmental education for youth and adults, especially in underserved communities. Programs include:
- School Programs: SFNE provides environmental education to several schools in the San Francisco Unified School District
- Birding for Everyone: SFNE naturalists lead guided walks through the San Francisco Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park every first Saturday of the month.
- Birding for Kids: SFNE naturalists lead guided walks starting at 9th Avenue and Lincoln Way in Golden Gate Park every first Saturday of the month. Guided bird walks are for kids ages 6 to 12 and accompanying adults. Reservations required for groups of 10 or more.
- Heron Watch: SFNE naturalists lead guided walks where the blue heron colony nests annually at Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park on Saturdays in April and May.
- Heron's Head Park Winter Tours: public tours on first Saturdays (January through March) of Heron’s Head Park, near Hunters Point past Pier 94. in San Francisco. Tours are conducted by interns from Lowell High School.
Birding $10 per family
SFNE's public programs are in Golden Gate Park. Easy street parking. The Free Park Shuttle, a public service of the Golden Gate Park Concourse Authority, operates 10am–6pm weekends and holidays June through December. Starting at McLaren Lodge on the eastern edge of the Park and at the Beach Chalet at Ocean Beach, shuttles pick up and drop off passengers at 15 locations.
Muni: 5, 28, 29, 44, 71
Heron's Head Park is located near Hunters Point.
Muni: 19, 44