1385 Mission Street, Suite 340
San Francisco, CA 94103
South of Market
Our Family Coalition serves the social and educational needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender (LGBT) communities. They publish a quarterly newsletter, an informational website, a mailing list for families, and more.
The LGBT Family Collaborative program includes three innovative agencies and programs that address the comprehensive needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender (LGBT) families: Our Family Coalition, COLAGE (Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere), and the SF LGBT Community Center.
The collaborative aims to ensure that LGBT parents/caregivers and their children in San Francisco have healthy, safe and supportive environments where they can thrive, and to create a safer, more inclusive community for them.
Collaborative activities include:
- Community building events for the diverse LGBT family community
- Parent education and referrals
- Peer-to-peer support for parents and prospective parents
- Leadership development for youth of LGBT families
- Support for KidSpace at the LGBT Community Center
- Caregiver/children's development classes
- Parent leadership for safe schools
- Public education and outreach
- Building cultural competency among service providers
Our Family Coalition will host a BBQ and Campout for LGBTQ families. The kick-off BBQ begins at noon, and families are invited to stay for the optional campout. Our Family Coalition has reserved campsites for families interested in camping for the night. There will be fun activities, food, and campfires!
2012 LGBTQ Family BBQ and Campout:
Dates: August 18–August 19
Location: Wildcat View, Tilden Regional Park
Cost: campsites are $40–$50 sliding scale per family; $5 per adult for BBQ, FREE BBQ for kids
Difficult street parking. There is a city-owned garage on 5th and Mission. It's best to take public transportation to this facility.
Muni: all Market Street lines, 27, 30, 45, 76
BART: Powell Street station