It's fair season and the Bay Area offers country fairs throughout the Summer. Although the fairs have a lot of typical fair offerings like food, concerts, rides, shows, and fireworks, each fair offers something different. Some offer one price which includes admission and all entertainment. Other fairs offer free entrance but charge for entertainment and rides. Several offer pre-fair discounts tickets. Some fairs offer special discounts for seniors (if the grandparents want to take the kids) and military or first responder discounts or days. Check each fair website for more unique and specific information.
• May 30– June 2:
Contra Costa County Fair
Adults $8, youth 6 to 12 $5, kids 5 and under free. Parking fee.
• June 8–16:
San Mateo County Fair
, San Mateo.
See the pig races, a variety of entertainment, a horse show, a kids train, and more.
Adults $10, youth 6 to 12 $8, kids 5 and under free. Parking fee.
- Monday – Kids Day. Kids 12 and younger receive Free Fair Admission (12pm-10pm).
- Free 'Til 3 - Wednesday, Free admission until 3:00pm.
- Friday, June 14 – School Day. Show your Student ID and receive $5 admission.
Pre-sale pricing saves $3 per ticket.
• June 19–July 7:
Alameda County Fair
, Pleasanton (closed Mondays).
Event highlights include: fireworks held every Friday night, kids pedal tractor pulls, pig races, petting zoo, puppet shows, and family entertainment. FREE concerts nightly.
Adults 13 to 61 $10, youth 6 to 12 $6, kids 5 and under free. Parking fee. Fee for unlimited ride wristbands or individual tickets. Funpack discount package available.
- $1 Day - $1 admission and $1 rides June 19
- $2 Tuesdays- Admission is just $2
- Kids FREE Fridays - Kids 12 and under receive Free Admission!
- Fair Food Drive June 26 - Bring 4 non-perishable food items for Free Admission
- Military Appreciation Day June 21 - Free Fair Admission for you and a guest
: Check out the contest like Diaper Derby, Hot dog eating relay and Hippity hop race.
• June 20–24:
Get ready for the Diaper Derby, pig races, ugliest dog contest, Destruction Derby, Disney Radio's Road Crew, and f
ree carnival rides.
Clover Stornetta provides free ice cream daily from 1pm–4pm.
The carnival is free with admission. All rides are free with the $10 fair admission for kids ages 4 to 12 and $15 for 13 and over; kids 3 and under are free.
- Everyone's a Kid Day (Wednesday)- $10 all patrons until 5:00 pm at the gate only. Join Radio Disney for great day.
- Friday is the World's Ugliest Dog Contest® and Dog Lovers Festival
Teen Edge (2-5pm) is Wednesday and teens can compete in the
Text Messaging contest
for prizes throughout the afternoon.
- Sunday, June 24 is Family Day with free carnival rides, live music, and attractions all included with the low fair admission. Don't miss the Destruction Derby and Singing Contest.
• July 3 – 7:
Marin County Fair,
One price includes all concerts, fireworks nightly, and attractions and rides. Monday, July 3 is Children's Day—children 12 and under are FREE. Wednesday is Marin Independent Journal Day. Check the website for discounts.
- Nightly fireworks at 9:30pm. Adult $15, youth 4 to 12 $13, kids 3 and under free. Parking fee.
- Chinese Circus of Beijing performs three times daily.
- Contest including Are Smarter Than a Marin County Fifth Grader? and Spelling and Geography Bee, Robotics 101 and more.
• July 3 – 7:
Napa County Fair
Fireworks, karaoke, pony rides, 4th of July parade, and more. Adults $10, youth 7 to 12 $5, kids under 6 always free. Carnival rides pay-one-price for $18 is available.
- Thursday and Friday kids 12 and under get in free at the gate. Parking fee.
• July 12–28:
California State Fair,
The grand daddy of all fairs. Special fair online packages offer the best prices. Adults $12, youth 5 to 12 $8, kids 4 and under free. Parking fee. Best deal is the State Fair Season Pass.
: Kids day is every Tuesday where kids 12 and under get free admission and all rides are only $1 for all ages.
- $28 unlimited ride wristbands.
- Save money with the Family Fun Pack or coupon book.
• July 25–August 11:
Sonoma County Fair
, Santa Rosa.
More than just Sonoma cheese, you can check out the magic show, horse races, derby dog dash, free Clover ice cream cones 1pm – 4 pm daily. General admission for ages 13 and up $10, youth 7 to 12 $5, kids 6 and under free. Youth 7 to 12 free on Fridays. Parking fee. Closed on Mondays.
- Too Good To Be True Tuesdays and Wednesdays - Only $20!
Includes: Gate Admission and a Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides (all ages). Fairgoers may choose to purchase regular gate admission only, if they do not choose to enjoy the carnival.
- Pay-One-Price Thursdays and Fridays - $25 Includes a Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides. Use a WOW Pre-Sale Coupon or purchase a wristband for $25.
- Pay-One-Price Saturdays and Sundays - $35 Includes a Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides. Only $10 with a WOW Pre-Sale Coupon.
• July 31 – August 4:
Solano County Fair
Nightly fireworks and free concerts. Kids Day on Thursday, in which kids ages 12 and under are free. Adults $10, youth 6 to 12 $6, kids 5 and under free with a paid adult. Parking fee. Military Personnel & Military Dependents are free but must have ID. All concerts are free with admission.
Order tickets online and save; unlimited ride wristband available.
• August 1–4:
Santa Clara County Fair
, San Jose.
Concerts held daily as well as nightly entertainment. Adults $8, children $5. parking fee.
- Demo Derby on Saturday evening.