Tdap (Whooping Cough) Booster Shot
If your child is entering grade 7 in the fall, or is new to California and is in grade 7-12, a California school immunization law (AB 354 ) requires your child to have proof of a whooping cough booster shot (also called Tdap) in order to attend school.
This link also offers SF Dept. of Public Health locations. As well information in English, Spanish and Chinese.
SAT Prep on the iPhone or iPod Touch
Here is a new way to practice for the SAT on the iPhone or iPod Touch.
The newly released Edupath SAT offers:
* true process of elimination practice: swipe to cross off wrong answers, touch to select, shake for a hint;
* ten full tests of challenging sentence completions;
* personalized vocabulary word lists and quizzes featuring more than 1200 words;
* StudyGroup, a social learning feature where you can communicate with other students using the app;
* scoring and timing information for each practice test.
Edupath SAT is now available through the iTunes App Store for $4, with a free vocabulary expansion coming soon.
Seeking Grants for Your School?
There is never enough funding for the programs your school would like to provide. This website has a list of grants for a variety of educational needs. Read more.
The School Search
Here are some resources for navigating the search and transitioning your child.
• Calfee School Guide has information about all San Francisco public middle and high schools.
• Greatschools.net has an extensive selection of articles designed to help with the school selection process and beyond, as well as in-depth information and details on individual schools. Articles include:
- School Choosers Guide
- Learn About Your Options on home schooling, charter schools, school transfers, and private vs. public.
- Enrolling in Kindergarten in California: What You Need to Know
• Parents for Public Schools is a great resource for public school information including:
- Parent-to-parent advice on school selection
- Top things you need to know about applying to a public school in San Francisco